Salted Caramel Affogatos
Doesn’t it look heavenly! And do you know what the best is about this summer recipe? It’s something your children will not steal from you because it requires a sophisticated adult taste and a deep love for coffee…and caramel. And the even better news is: It is very easy to make as only two ingredients are needed. Ice Cream and Espresso. Affogato is Italian for “drowned”, so literally what you get is delicious ice cream drowned in a shot of espresso.
- 2 delicious Salted Caramel Affogatos
- 2 Scoops of Salted Caramel Ice Cream – Häagen-Dazs® does an amazing one – or choose your favourite ice cream flavour
- 2 Shots of freshly prepared espresso – we recommend using 2 of our Arabica Supreme Capsules
- Amarula or Bailey’s (optional)
- Chocolate shavings or curls (optional)
HOW TO PREPARE
- Scoop ice cream into two individual cups or short glasses
- Prepare espresso and pour over ice cream
- Add Amarula or Bailey’s if desired
- Sprinkle with chocolate
TIP: Don´t wait too long. Grab a spoon, and enjoy immediately.